
This semester has been both challenging and fun. Starting with the basics of drawing simple things and understanding line types helped when starting more complex things such as drawing the house plans. First we went over the basics and refreshed our skills from previous classes like creating line-types and line-weights. Then we spend time drawing a few basic plans to figure out spacing for things like outdoor patios, bedrooms, and great rooms. Once we learned the basics we started doing views of a basic house. Through this I learned how to create the various views. Although when moving on to the complex house, I did find it difficult to keep
The most difficult thing I found was using AutoCAD, because we only started with 1 house plan of each of the following: elevation, roof, first floor, and second floor plans. This made me feel not so prepared for the final project which is probably why our group did not understand the challenges of a spiral staircase. Progressing from drawing views of a house to creating our own cottage was difficult. I do not think I had a good enough experience in different housing styles when having to create our own house to plan to put on Jekyll Island.
My favorite part of this class was working with dragonfly; it allowed me to see how the spaces of the houses were actually used, and how it might look after decoration. I feel like I finally understood where the variance appliances would be located in the house. It was not until doing project dragonfly that I understood what our house was suppose to look like with its spacing. This prepared me for the balsa model because I already saw what the model should look like after completion.
Although after this class I am sure I do not want to be an architecture I found the class to be interesting and a good representation of what the real-world applications of Architecture consist of. If I had to choose to retake this class or not I would choose to take it because the challenge of the final project made me feel like I had completed something unlike other classes in which we just have tests and move on, in our Architecture class everything seemed to build on itself.
No comments:
Post a Comment